Author Topic: crash on close  (Read 1459 times)

Rosalie

• 3DSauce.com
crash on close
« on: February 11, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »
Hi Alex!

I've noticed that the program crashes on closing if I do not save. I haven't done a lot of bug testing on this, but if I close the program, I will get the "are your sure you want to quit?" dialogue, say ok and then the main window will close, but the Tileset window will stay open and freeze.

I Find that if I save, the program will not do this.

I am using version 1.2.2  on windows 7, 64 bit.

This isn't a bug but might be related to this and has also been mentioned in the suggestion section, but the Tileset window always displays on top of all my other programs. When the crash occurs, the "this program has stop working" Dialogue always pops up behind the unresponsive Tileset window.

Cheers,
Rosalie M.

Alex

• Administrator
Re: crash on close
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »
I'll look and see if I can fix this. I've had this happen to me a few times. I'll check and see if there is a solution.
Does it crash if you simply open the program and then close it without doing anything?

Rosalie

• 3DSauce.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 07:45:02 PM »
After trying to open and then close right 3 times in a row, It didn't seam to cause a crash. I tried with geometry and with painting modifications and strangely it doesn't seam to happen at all anymore! Not only that, but my Selection issue seams to be gone... The only thing I changed since posting is that I restarted my computer and disabled Windows Ink. I'll keep you posted if it happens again, but for now it all seams to work good!

On a related note, I did read in an other thread that the Tileset window always being in the forefront of other programs is a known-issue, but I just wanted to let you know that it's also problematic when some dialogue boxes from Crocotiles will appear underneath it, like the "quit" dialogue. It will freeze the Tileset window in place, basically waiting for me to answer the dialog box, but I wont be able to reach it, so I have to close it form my task-bar.

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:02:04 PM »
I did some testing, and I found out what causes the crashing when closing.
Apparently, whenever you click the New Scene button to create a new scene, closing the program afterwards won't close everything properly. I managed to fix it, so that issue will be solved in the next release.

I will look into the issue with the dialog box being stuck under the tileset window- I might be able to create a temporary solution for it.

Rosalie

• 3DSauce.com
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 10:47:04 PM »
Awe yeah! Crushing them bugs~  ;D