Author Topic: Resetti test from Animal Crossing  (Read 2632 times)

Polyducks

• View Profile
    • Polyducks Website
Resetti test from Animal Crossing
« on: January 01, 2016, 11:34:39 AM »
Just finished a quick modelling test for Resetti from animal crossing - I wanted to see how easy it was to make organic shapes, so I used the low-poly game Animal Crossing as a test.

The textures were ripped from the game by a user called Previous (I think this is right...and not that it was ripped by some 'previous' guy). I used those as my tileset and went to work building up that angry mole!

I'm quite pleased with the result - even though he's missing the broken rocks and pickaxe. Unfortunately I messed up in saving and I've lost the nose, mining light and arms, but hopefully it's just a minor setback.

Alex

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Resetti test from Animal Crossing
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 06:25:07 PM »
Thanks for posting this, Polyducks!
Saw it on twitter, but I'll say again that it looks really great, and is a good example of a more organic shaped model. Sorry to hear about the saving mishap. You seem to have a great handle on the program already and I hope to see more stuff! :)

Polyducks

• View Profile
    • Polyducks Website
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 11:55:00 PM »
Yeah, pretty sure it was something stupid I did. Oh well!

Thanks Alex. It's a real pleasure to work with.

Really needs some shadow in the rendering engine to make the models easier to work with and more presentable without having to paint the shadow into the textures :>

Alex

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 11:03:23 PM »
:)
yeah, lighting/shadowing would be useful to have- I'll get around to that eventually, but you can always import your work into another 3d program that has more rendering capabilities to render out an image of it if you don't want to wait.

VirtualDream64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 03:24:34 PM »
Awesome Thumb up.