Author Topic: Error While Loading Shared Libraries  (Read 2190 times)

ItsMeLenny

Error While Loading Shared Libraries
« on: December 20, 2015, 11:01:08 AM »
I'm on Gnu/Linux 4.2.0-21-generic Ubuntu 15.10 64bit
and I get this issue when trying to start Crocotile:
./crocotile3d: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I do have libnss3 installed.

This is my first post and I feel it is a bit obnoxious of me for a first post :P
I only just came across this program 2 days ago and it seriously looks so good.
Can't wait to start playing in it! Hopefully I can get some help with this issue.

ItsMeLenny

Re: Error While Loading Shared Libraries
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 11:18:08 AM »
Ok, I goofed. I am on 64bit and this is 32bit, one needs the 32bit libs installed.
For anybody else wanting to quickly resolve this issue you need:
 - libnss3:i386
 - libgconf-2-4:i386
 - libXtst6:i386
 - libgtk2.0-0:i386
 - libnotify4:i386

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install libnss3:i386 libgconf-2-4:i386 libXtst6:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libnotify4:i386

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 04:11:39 PM »
Thanks for the info, Lenny! Good to hear that you were able to sort it out.
btw, welcome to the forum  :)

alloyed

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 05:58:52 PM »
So I am using arch linux and unfortunately Arch doesn't provide 32-bit versions of some of these libraries, like gconf and libnotify. Would it be possible to export a 64-bit package instead? Also, I noticed looking at the file structure that this is a node-webkit app. Would it be reasonable to instead distribute the source .nw package and let users source their own binaries?

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 08:17:56 PM »
Hi Alloyed,
I would need access to a 64-bit linux system to create the package and I don't have that access. I currently use a virtualmachine to create the 32-bit packages, and I am not able to create 64-bit virtualmachines (I would need an updated machine that supports virtualization for that to work).
I would still need the access to create the .nw package, due to other steps that are taken in that process.

rjt

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:19:10 AM »
So I am using arch linux and unfortunately Arch doesn't provide 32-bit versions of some of these libraries, like gconf and libnotify. Would it be possible to export a 64-bit package instead? Also, I noticed looking at the file structure that this is a node-webkit app. Would it be reasonable to instead distribute the source .nw package and let users source their own binaries?

I assumed you've solved your library issues by now, but for any other 64-bit Arch users with the same issues you would already have the 32-bit libnotify if you have Steam installed. I just symlinked it from there (~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnotify.so.4) to /use/lib32 :) Looks like I already had gconf in there.