Author Topic: Feedback, Requests, & Suggestions  (Read 15273 times)

twitchcoe

Re: Feedback, Requests, & Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2018, 03:39:30 PM »
Would it be at all feasible to set the grid to be visible at all? Perhaps to assist with sizing objects as I build them? I know it has been ages since an update so I am not sure how often you get to work on Crocotile, but it is such a valuable piece of software to me so I hope this is not the case ;D

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2018, 03:48:52 PM »
Does it help any to turn on the Ruler in the settings?
I think it might be difficult to see stuff if the grid is visible everywhere- but it might be something that could be incorporated into the Ruler.

twitchcoe

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2018, 10:59:35 AM »
The Ruler is helpful yes! I was just thinking it wouldn't necessarily have to be the entire grid heh. Something to assist in laying out a certain size constraint for what I am building in case I am making lots of small details, I can still keep it to scale in my engine. Not going to lie, I forgot the Ruler was there XD Though it could be neat to have a toggle for just a one layer grid, similar to the Ruler bars

pkeod

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2019, 03:18:06 AM »
Just purchased yesterday and trying to learn the program. I have yet to rtfm I've watched some videos.

You should add links to the forum and the docs from inside of the program. I had to hunt for the videos you made, they are not organized, you also have them on your personal channel and have a ton of videos unrelated to C3D there so it was hard to find them. Should make a channel just for C3D. There are no recent videos they're all many years and versions old now it seems. If possible make one video which goes over every important feature in order and talks about how/why they are useful, it would be worth it.

This page could be greatly improved with some pictures http://www.crocotile3d.com/howto.html

Use sakura.css to make it look way nicer too.

Is it possible to add more export formats? I want to export as .dae format as that is the only model format Defold engine supports.

The ruler lines should be color coded for x,y,z.

Should add an option to for a moment display the string name of shortcuts when you press them. That way I can see that f is vertical flip for example or that e is rotate right.

Is camera rotated with euler and not quaternion or something? How about an unlocked camera rotation? Trackball rotation? Sometimes when I click and drag while holding space to rotate it snaps instantly to up or down and it's annoying.

Showing the x,y value of the origin of the main placement tool (that you move with wasd) would be useful.

Default render material is unshaded. How about adding some options? Generate AO map? Look at what MagicaVoxel does with rendering it would be useful.

Looks like when you place tiles they don't overwrite each other and instead add to the mesh as the same spot? So then you can see z fighting. There is probably an option I don't know about yet.

You know when you hover a tile and it draws a white box, is it possible to use that as starting point to draw from in the same direction if you begin to draw from that point? Maybe in a mode which let you do this it wouldn't let you overwrite tiles and you would have to disable it to do so.

Sometimes when options are open I can't holding space to rotate. Probably a focus issue? Rotation should probably not care about focus in this regard, just detect spacebar always.

Having still not rtfm the controls are frustrating but they somewhat make sense for what this tool does too, mostly trial and error and practicing what I saw on the videos.

Not sure what middle click is yet but it seems like some kind of toggle, though has no visible indicator in the UI only that I can click to make stuff red/green so only they can be modified or something.

When holding space plus click and drag to rotate you can swap the cursor to a different icon (like a 4 direction icon or a hand being clenched or as simple circle) instead of hiding it.

Should make a discord server and link it from the program. It would be useful and probably better than the forum for stuff.

Don't give up on this software I bet lots more people will buy it over the years as long as it's still improved.

For painting mode it would be useful to have color palette, then let us import colors from an image to set to color palette. Then it would be easy to use for example pico8 colors. Look at aseprite.

If you changed "Purchases are final, and refunds will not be accepted." to "100% Money Back Guarantee" you would have some refunds sometimes but you would also sell way more, make way more overall.

The color scheme of the site is low contrast which makes it hard to read posts and stuff.

Put the manual on github and use github pages instead. Then you let others contribute to it / translate it easily.

Here's a version of the manual more easy for me to read https://crocotile3d.neocities.org/rtfm.html

You don't need to put all of the changelog here https://prominent.itch.io/crocotile3d

Just put it in a txt file people can download there, or put it somewhere else and link to it. It would better to put a mini-tutorial on that page with pictures (draw red lines with arrows on top to make stuff super clear).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 04:38:14 AM by pkeod »