Author Topic: Exporting files  (Read 1566 times)

Alex

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Exporting files
« on: June 16, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »
If you have registered and activated your program, you'll have the ability to save and export.
Here is some information about how exporting works. It is important to understand this information if you are using multiple tilesets.

Edit: As of version 1.2.4, you can now export an .mtl file with your .obj file, along with textures for each tileset.
If you don't choose to include the .mtl file, the following describes the export process:

If you are using multiple tilesets to construct your scene, you will have to export for each tileset. When you export, it attempts to create a mesh, and a mesh can only use one tileset. So it looks at the current tileset that you have selected and checks to see if there are any tiles in the scene from that tileset. If there are none from that tileset, then it won't export. When you choose a tileset that has tiles in the scene, the export will work and an .obj file will be created with tiles that use only that tileset.

Each .obj file will contain tiles from one tileset, which means that your scene will be split up into multiple parts. Then when importing into another program, you can load all of the exported .obj files, apply the correct tileset texture to each one, and position them to the same coordinates. Your scene will look fine, and everything will be together.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:03:12 PM by Alex »

Polyducks

• View Profile
    • Polyducks Website
Re: Exporting files
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:58:01 PM »
Please correct me if I'm posting in the wrong part of the forum, but is there a way to export as a jpg/png of higher resolution than taking a screenshot? You've got the 3D part covered, but I can't find any documentation on 2D!

Alex

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting files
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 11:43:41 PM »
Please correct me if I'm posting in the wrong part of the forum, but is there a way to export as a jpg/png of higher resolution than taking a screenshot? You've got the 3D part covered, but I can't find any documentation on 2D!
Are you talking about exporting the tileset texture? Or are you talking about taking screenshots of the 3d scene? There's an option in the Tileset menu (click the button with an image icon in the tileset window) to export the currently selected tileset. You can also resize the tileset before doing so if you want to export it as a larger size.
And, there's no current way to take screenshots of the 3d scene at resolutions larger than the current window size(f12 to take screenshots).
Does that help?