Author Topic: Known Issues/Bugs  (Read 4312 times)

Alex

• Administrator
Known Issues/Bugs
« on: May 31, 2015, 06:29:40 PM »
This thread will contain presently known issues/bugs, and related information.

Alex

• Administrator
Re: Known Issues/Bugs
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 06:32:02 PM »
Prior to version 1.0.15, exporting rounds each vertex to the current rounding setting.
This results in exported models possibly having their vertices incorrectly positioned. In version 1.0.15, this will be fixed.

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 04:52:46 AM »
prior to v1.0.18 if a rotation to geometry was made, it is possible the undo/redo of this rotation would be inaccurate if the camera angle was different from the angle when the rotation was originally made.
This will be fixed in v1.0.18

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 02:45:44 AM »
In version 1.1.0 and previous versions, there is an issue related to undoing/redoing a copy/paste after undo/redoing the loading of a new tileset image.
If you load a new tileset image, use those tiles in the scene. Then if you copy/paste those tiles. If you undo back until you undo the tileset loading, when you try to redo the paste, it will attempt to use the wrong tileset, and thus an error will occur.
This will be fixed in the next available update!
The next update will also include the ability to use object prefabs.

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 06:05:25 AM »
There is an issue when redoing a 'Remove Tileset' action. When this is done, all other redo states are cleared.
I will be fixing for the next version.

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 10:25:10 PM »
There is an issue with the Crosshair arrows. Under certain circumstances, the selection won't be moved in the correct direction. Also objects currently can't be moved using the crosshair arrows. I am working on fixing this.

Also, there is a bug if you hold Ctrl and then press any letter key that isn't part of a keybinding that uses Ctrl. It stops the camera from being moved, and selections cant be moved either. I will be working on fixing this too. One way to get it unstuck is to right-click the scene to bring up the context menu, and then things will work again afterwards.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:26:47 PM by Alex »

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 12:48:25 AM »
New version 1.2.3 has been released with fixes for the mentioned bugs/etc!

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 03:00:55 AM »
Just so people are aware, there's a bug with the update notification- apparently it caches the version, so if a new update is available it probably won't notify you. This will be fixed in the next version 1.2.7
This is the first time a new version had been released since the notification feature was implemented (v1.2.5), so I'm just now becoming aware of the cache issue.

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 07:28:10 PM »
After some testing, I noticed that moving stuff with Crosshair Arrows may not undo correctly if multiple movements are made in succession- I''ll be working on fixing this.

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 01:18:08 AM »
Alright, I figured out what the issue was with the crosshair arrow dragging mentioned in previous post. It was difficult to diagnose the problem, but it will be fixed in v1.2.7

koyot1222

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 07:03:31 AM »
Main window drag/drop problem:

Windows are not protected against drag and drop actions. For example, putting a photo on it causes it to be displayed, but you cannot return to the program
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:37:09 PM by koyot1222 »

koyot1222

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 09:35:14 PM »
Hello :)
I have problems with new version of crocotile:

Program works but windows dont want ot show their content :(
What should i do?
I was useing 1.2.9 version that display windows content correctly.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:37:55 PM by koyot1222 »

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 12:43:02 AM »
Is that windows 7 you're using? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
edit
also, did you just copy paste the files into the previous folder?... if that's the case could you try to extract the files to a new folder and run it from the new folder?
edit
You could also try updating your graphics drivers..
edit
Okay, I uploaded a 64 bit windows build. I read that on windows 7, if you are running 64 bit, you may need a 64bit application and not the 32bit. So try that version first before trying the other stuff.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 05:52:49 AM by Alex »

koyot1222

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 06:04:24 PM »
Thankyou for reply!
Is that windows 7 you're using? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes. This is windows 7 home premium, 64bit.
did you just copy paste the files into the previous folder?
No, its new folder. All files was extracted into new folder and run from it.
So try that version first before trying the other stuff
I have downloaded new version. But after run it shows same effect. All drivers are up to date, as much as it could be for this OS.
I was tryied to run same files for windows 10 computer and all things worked. Seems that those versions have problems with Windows 7 enviroment.
Thanks for any help.

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 07:02:53 PM »
hmm
Can you try creating a shortcut to the crocotile3d.exe file and then add " --disable-gpu" to the end of the path in its properties (without the quotes). Then run it from the shortcut.
You can also maybe try running it in "compatibility mode"?

edit:
btw, I tried running it on a windows 7 machine, and I was able to run it. My feeling is that there is some incompatibility with the graphics drivers with the updated version.
I was told that you could try using dxdiag to diagnose things and see if there are any problems with driver stuff. Maybe you can look into that.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:33:02 PM by Alex »