Author Topic: REQUEST: Assorted tileset stuff  (Read 260 times)

rockythechao

• View Profile
REQUEST: Assorted tileset stuff
« on: June 24, 2017, 05:09:01 AM »
Hey, it's been a while!

I ended up not using crocotile much since I last posted here (v1.2.6!) but I'm finally getting back to a project where it'd come in handy so I downloaded 1.2.9 and got to work re-learning the software.  I built a test room for my project using modified Golden Sun tiles as placeholder graphics, making frequent edits to the tileset image as I went along.  Here's what the room looks like at the moment:

When I finally tried exporting the scene and importing it into Unity, a large chunk of the mesh was missing.  I'm not 100% sure that this is the only reason for that, but it turned out that whenever I refreshed the tileset or imported prefabs (I'm making reusable objects like the bridge, stairs, railings, etc. as objects in another scene) I was unknowingly adding a new tileset, and going by the Combine Tilesets window I had just under 200 altogether.

Thankfully half of them were duplicates of the default swamp tileset so I just went through and deleted those one by one, now I'm going through and combining the dupes of my tileset one by one.  I'm almost done cleaning them up now and I'll definitely be more proactive about not letting them pile up from now on, though one or more of the following features would help with that tremendously:

• The ability to combine/delete multiple of tilesets at once
  • Tileset numbers and/or names, visible in both the Tileset tab and the Select Tileset dropdown
  • The total number of tilesets in the scene added to the stats in the lower-right corner of the main window
  • A button in the Tileset tab that selects all faces using the current tileset
  • A button in the Tileset tab that deletes all unused tilesets
  • Edit mode > right click > Faces > Change to current tileset
  • Some means of displaying the tilesets used in each object (Scene tab) and/or a list of objects using the current tileset (Tileset tab)

Alex

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: REQUEST: Assorted tileset stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:00:45 AM »
Thanks! those are excellent requests. I can see the usefulness of having those features. I'll add them to my todo list. btw, I will try to comb through my list sometime and see what I can implement sooner rather than later. I've been distracted lately with other priorities, but I want to get back to working on this stuff soon. :)
also, that is a cool screenshot!