Author Topic: Trouble on a virtual machine  (Read 1078 times)

forleafe

Trouble on a virtual machine
« on: November 04, 2016, 02:53:39 AM »
Man I'm sorry to make another post. But after not being able to use this on my 64 bit linux, I tried again with 32 bit linux on a virtual machine. It runs, but the functionality just isn't there. The cursor jumps around everywhere, in general the 3d view is just unresponsive.

Alex, if you don't mind me asking, what settings did you use on your virtual machine to get Cocotile3D to work with ubuntu 32 bit? Is there a way I can get this up and running on a virtual machine that you know of? if so, I'd like to just copy your settings so I can get up and running already. My computer hardware is more than capable of running this program, no idea why it's not working.

Alex

• Administrator
Re: Trouble on a virtual machine
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 03:16:43 AM »
I haven't tested it extensively via the virtual machine because the virtual machine lags a lot for me. I mainly just use it to compile the files I need. Perhaps the way the virtual machine interprets the mouse/key inputs could be why it is causing the issues you describe. I have noticed those things happen for me too when I try to run it, so I'll try to look into it some more.

forleafe

Re: Trouble on a virtual machine
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 09:23:58 AM »
I kind of suspected that as well