Author Topic: some questions  (Read 950 times)

gengar

• spooky
    • deviantart
some questions
« on: November 03, 2016, 09:59:12 PM »
hi there. i got this just today and i've been messing around with it a lot, but i'm really not sure how some things work and the commands guide doesn't really help me because I don't understand what it's telling me.

first off:

the tile is bent forwards and i cant seem to get it placed straight, so how would I do that?
it leaves this little thing behind it

and secondly:

how do I move and stretch tiles so they move back and create the roof?

Polyducks

• Polyducks Website
Re: some questions
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 10:16:54 PM »
Hi! It looks like you've selected a single point of your roof and moved it forward slightly. Tiles are made of four points and two faces. To make it work, simply nudge the top point back into place by selecting it and moving it with the arrow keys.

To stretch the texture over your model, go into edit mode, select the tiles you want to change the texture on, and go to the tileset window. In the tileset window it'll show a pink/purple outline. You can drag the points of this outline to remap the texture.

Have you watched the video demonstration on making a house? It shows how to do this and a few other tips :)

gengar

• spooky
    • deviantart
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 10:43:04 PM »
Hi! It looks like you've selected a single point of your roof and moved it forward slightly. Tiles are made of four points and two faces. To make it work, simply nudge the top point back into place by selecting it and moving it with the arrow keys.

To stretch the texture over your model, go into edit mode, select the tiles you want to change the texture on, and go to the tileset window. In the tileset window it'll show a pink/purple outline. You can drag the points of this outline to remap the texture.

Have you watched the video demonstration on making a house? It shows how to do this and a few other tips :)

i watched how to make the house but i couldnt concentrate on both the moving of the mouse and the keys being pressed, so I wasn't fully sure of what was happening even if i paused the video ):

but ty for the rest of the help!!

Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 11:05:54 PM »
Each tile has a set of 4 vertices. These can be selected individually while in Edit mode. You can press Tab to toggle between Edit mode and Draw mode. While in Edit mode, you can select the top two vertices so that they become highlighted. Then you can use WASD keys to shift the vertices left,right,up,down relative to the camera angle. You can also hold Spacebar and W or S to push them forwards or backwards from the camera.
You can also use the Arrow keys to adjust the UV coordinates of the Tile. So with the top two vertices selected if you press Down, it will shift the UVs for those two vertices, allowing you to stretch the texture across the whole tile. UVs can also be adjusted by right-clicking and dragging them in the tileset window when you have the Tile's faces selected (the uvs show up in the tileset as a magenta color when tile's faces are selected).
Hope this helps a bit. It may be a bit weird to understand at first for new users, but it is really simple to use once you understand it.
Also, if you want to move just the vertices, you'll need to make sure the faces are deselected and just the vertices are selected, otherwise the whole tile will be moved. You can Ctrl+D to deselect faces, and Ctrl+D again to deselect vertices.
There are a lot of other useful shortcut keys you can use too, so make sure to check the howto page while you learn to use the program.
If you still need help, I'll try to explain in more detail.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:09:37 PM by Alex »