Author Topic: Trouble opening the app on Windows 10  (Read 931 times)

rockythechao

Trouble opening the app on Windows 10
« on: November 03, 2016, 08:11:29 AM »
I've tried running Crocotile 3D in every compatibility mode and as an administrator but nothing happens.  I've also tried temporarily disabling my antivirus software (Avast and Malwarebytes), but that didn't help either.  It does start up if I open the app through Avast's sandbox mode, but it doesn't seem to be fully-functional in this mode and won't preserve my registration status.

EDIT: I set the provided swamp.crocotile file to open with the executable and it worked!  But it still only seems to open through that file and not the main executable.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:26:51 AM by rockythechao »

Alex

• Administrator
Re: Trouble opening the app on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 10:03:50 AM »
Thanks for letting me know about this.
Crocotile3d was developed with what is now an older version of nwjs. I suspect the issue lies there, so I think I will make it my priority to make it work with a newer version of nwjs. I'm not sure when I'll have that completed, but I'll be working on it.

Alex

• Administrator
Re: Trouble opening the app on Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 07:52:12 AM »
I've updated the version of nwjs that it uses, so this will probably fix the issue, as well as other compatibility issues. I still need to do some testing though- it'll be applied in the next version (1.2.7).